Wednesday, July 29, 2009

If I Was in Charge for a While

When I was a kid in the 4th grade and was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would answer, "King of the world", then I would say, "But realistically I know that can't happen, so I'll settle to be President!"

Thanks a lot teachers from 4th-9th grade! I say that because of course I was born in Brazil. And I did not learn (or the earliest I can recall) that only natural born citizens of the USA can serve as President until the 10th grade. I wonder if my teachers thought I meant I wanted to be president of the student body, PTA, or perhaps they thought I might like to become President and CEO of a thriving worldwide network marketing company!? C'mon man!!! Maybe my teacher's had the good intention of not crushing the spirits of a young boy and allowed me to set a lofty goal in the hopes that I would still achieve great things; despite I could never under the current US Constitution reach for my dreams in becoming President of the United States of America...

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment