Friday, May 1, 2009

Let’s Agree to Disagree: no love lost, dislike; animosity:


There was no love lost between the two brothers.

Friday, May 01, 2009

What a day. I spent about an hour with my brother Samuel today. I was glad to see him. In fact I had prayed earlier wishing that I could be kinder to him and that he could feel my love for him; and that my love for him itself, could be more Christlike or in other words more pure, without judgment, and unconditional. (As I feel God is towards me.)


We have grown far apart this last year or so. He believes God talks to him. And what God told him was for him to reveal to all mankind, that no religion is true. At first he would get very upset when I would tell him I didn’t believe him. It’s better now, but I think he still feels pain over that fact.


This is my conclusion: it’s not as important what faith you belong to as are the motives that drive you to believe. I think this because I feel the best message and summation of all religions are to help us (mankind) to find peace in this life, love ourselves, and treat others as they want to be treated. More important than this is how we exercise our faith from simply being hearers of the word in to doers of the word. As I believe, the word is: LOVE. It is the answer. The Beatles were absolutely right, “All we need is Love.”


From the New Testament, King James Bible:

· John 13: 34-35

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye alove one another; as I have loved you, that ye also blove one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have alove one to another.


I would like to invite any who read this to share links or threads to any texts of faith and scripture that reference more or less this theme of “Love one another”. I am not very familiar with other faith’s sacred books and that would be a big help as well give me an opportunity to learn more about other faiths.


This is my paradigm that I can take if I were a believer of God in any Faith, even my brother’s; If God loves me, and I am imperfect then it must be my debt to Him who is perfect and created me, to LOVE all of his other creations, especially my fellow men.


The following are all definitions of Love, by the Webster’s Dictionary:

1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

3. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.

4. affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.

5. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due

from them to God.

6. to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.

Much Love and Peace to you……

1 comment:

  1. you said,

    I would like to invite any who read this to share links or threads to any texts of faith and scripture that reference more or less this theme of “Love one another." I am not very familiar with other faith’s sacred books and that would be a big help as well give me an opportunity to learn more about other faiths.here is a good collection of that tried and true moral rule: http://yfrog.com/0gthegoldenrulej

    ReplyDelete